adsensecode

Monday, June 30, 2014

Review: Rockwell RV Park - OK

The Bottom Line:
Rockwell RV Park is located in Oklahoma City, OK. It's fairly cheap (~$35), has easy access to I-40, and is of average quality.

Anyone driving through Oklahoma City knows there are a lot of bad side roads. That's what I remember when I pulled off of I-40 West bound and turned left to go over the bridge. My generator had gone out early in the day and we were all hot. It's June 29th, 2014 and mid-nineties outside. Only the driver and the 2-year-old had AC from the cab. We drove up to the Rockwell RV Park aching for electricity to power the AC.

The lady at the front desk was nice enough. We got an access card for the pool and bathhouse and a brochure and site assignment.

The park has about 126 sites that are typical gravel drives and pull-through sites with trees scattered throughout. There is a handicap accessible indoor pool and hot-tub plus bathhouse, laundry, and buffalo. I didn't verify the buffalo were there but I did see the enclosure.

Each site has 50/30 amp hookup, water, cable, and sewer.

When we were there the park was about half full. We went to the pool, which was fairly dirty. There was trash on the pool deck and I was unable to see my feet in 3 ft of water. The bathhouse toilets were filthy and needed hosing down to wash off the brown stuff. If these two things were fixed I would have found almost nothing wrong with the park.

The Camping World that used to be across the street moved some time ago and there is a McClains RV sales and service place at the same exit. Their service department was booked for three weeks and no generator repair was attempted there.


Summary
I give it 5 out of 10 stars

http://www.rockwellrvpark.com (official website)

No comments:

Post a Comment